Alp Catalonia to Barcelona
A quick run through of last night’s Tour presentation meal, from one of our main sponsors, prizes and names in no particular order.
- Mark Moses – Most considerate rider
- Glen Dobson – Loudest laugh
- Rylan House – Rider of the Tour, led from the front every day.
- Marc Tonks – Best newcomer had a great tour.
- Carl Moses – Kept everyone spirits up, in his own unique way.
- Dave Austen – Awesome rider with heart of gold
- Cathal – Not so young, but seriously quick witted.
- Mark Jordan – Very dependable, able to mix it up when required.
- Stubby – Great ride mate, so close to being rider of the Tour, pesky young guns just pipped him.
- Steve Richards – Another anchor man, pulling us older generation along with him
- Linford House – So happy to have relinquished the young tab, does loads of untold work under the radar.
- Conor Miller -Massive guy with untold talent, few rides with are development coach will bring him on a treat.
- Bingo – Awesome, always ready to share his vast experience in travelling or life.
Thanks to you all for a great tour it’s been a great experience for myself & one I will never forget. You all have made me so welcome & I really appreciate it.
Thanks again for Keith and Dale for all the hard work that goes into all the planning.Mark Jordan
You all have a safe journey home & looking forward to catching up with you all soon
We had a magnificent breakfast spread put on by the youngsters, Linney, Rylan and the ever younger Cathal, in their luxurious penthouse suite, always looking after the development squad.
Final setting off picture taken of this inspiring bunch of guys, very proud and slightly humbled to be the Captain and inspiration behind their fabulous achievement. Aylesham guys at their best.
Well that’s all the nice stuff out the of the way. Well what a start, bloke must be mad to book the accommodation here, 20% right from the start up a cobbled jitty then on to the unpaved road till we reached the proper climb. With thighs and knees screaming up we went till we reached the gentle descent into Barcelona.
Mate is was tough, even the the gentle tong of the cowbells seemed to be saying “get off your bike, get off your bike” but that’s never an option.
On we pushed, finally hit the summit 20 odd miles in, the ever present Eric there to meet and greet everyone of us, with are own individual requirements, Carl’s lashings of sarcasm mixed with huge ability to get the best out of all the team, brilliant company. Eric just reaches into the everlasting cool box with a lovely grin and says here you go might like a cold beer – dead right proper lad.
Well it’s down hill now to the cosmopolitan city of Barcelona, but on some pretty busy roads for around 30 miles. Fast riding but you need to be concentrating – not easy with me.
Our lead out man took a little tumble – Cathal the most gracious of riders hit a pot hole and went straight over the handle bars, bike OK, minus the snapped off saddle – no issues one strong bloke just rode the last 40 miles as if nothing had changed. Strong determined guy full respect.
The route went slightly pear shaped on the outskirts of Barcelona, over the dry storm out fall, across a flowing river which involved all of us passing are bikes over a river, then jumping across it, not easy, absolutely amazing that I did not fall in!
Nearly there now, through the farm tracks, then back on the busy roads to the Las Ramblas in Barcelona and are waiting for our reception party.
The younger guys full steam ahead, only just managed to pull the whole team off to discuss the ride-in strategy, well have a little beer.
We have only gone and done it,
Thanks to all – a great bunch of lads.
R&R Weekend in Barcelona
The contributions continue. Massive thanks from all the team. We’re all thinking of you Kobi!
You can donate on our JustGiving page here. Or use the QR code: